Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Storie Shop in Paris: The ideal retail experience

Yes, that's a strong statement. And of course, it wouldn't be everyone's ideal retail experience. But let me tell you why I loved this shop so much (and spent so much money in it).
 Lovely signage and appealing merchandise, things I had never seen anywhere else, led me in. It turned out that the shop had just opened that weekend, and the owner was still setting up, waiting for merchandise, and figuring things out. We didn't care, returning three times before we found them open.
 She has an innate knack for display, using found objects in a truly creative way.
 I loved how the objects were juxtaposed in seemingly random ways. For me, it worked.

 I loved the little stories she wrote on each tag.



If you're in Paris, you don't want to miss this store! It's near Blvd. Montparnasse in the 6th, about 2 blocks from the Vavin station (M├ętro line #4), 20 Rue Delambre.

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie,

    C'est merveilleux! Thank you for sharing this terrific retail experience with us.

    Best,
    CB

    ReplyDelete